Manchester United feared the worst when Paul Pogba suffered a hamstring injury in their Champions League game against FC Basel last month, and those fears are set to be realised with the news that Pogba may not be seen in a United shirt for another two months, and it may be Christmas before he is fully match fit again.
Pogba had made a sensational start to the new Premier League season, being central to United’s unbeaten start, picking up 2 goals and 2 assists in the four games played – and looking much more like the player United paid a club record fee for. But with neighbours Manchester City also starting the season spectacularly, United’s softer schedule has been pointed to as more of a reason they are considered behind City overall, and why City remain the bookies favourites to win the Premier League this season.
But United have an important run of games upcoming, and were hoping that Pogba would be available to play in some, if not all, of them – despite United not really missing a beat in his absence.
But the Club’s medical staff now don’t expect Pogba to be available for consideration for another two months minimum – and then it may well be an extended period before he is considered properly match fit.
United do have strength in depth in the midfield unit – but whether they can cope without the quality that Pogba possesses remains to be seen against teams that will really test their Premier League winning mettle.
MANCHESTER UNITED – UPCOMING FIXTURES THAT POGBA WILL LIKELY MISS
- 14/10/17 – vs Liverpool (a) – Premier League
- 18/10/17 – vs Benfica (a) – Champions League
- 21/10/17 – vs Huddersfield Town (a) – Premier League
- 24/10/17 – vs Swansea City (a) – Carabao Cup
- 28/10/17 – vs Tottenham Hotspur (h) – Premier League
- 31/10/17 – vs Benfica (h) – Champions League
- 5/11/17 – vs Chelsea (a) – Premier League
- 18/11/17 – vs Newcastle United (h) – Premier League
- 22/11/17 – vs FC Basel (a) – Champions League
- 25/11/17 – vs Brighton (h) – Premier League
- 28/11/17 – vs Watford (a) – Premier League
- 2/12/17 – vs Arsenal (a) – Premier League
- 5/12/17 – vs CSKA Moscow (h) – Champions League
- 9/12/17 – vs Manchester City (h) – Premier League ?????????????
HOW DO YOU THINK UNITED WILL COPE WITHOUT POGBA? LET US KNOW BELOW!!!!